Wednesday, May 17, 7PM @ PCS – Ella Mae drama presentation by the PCS students. Come out and enjoy a fun family evening.Admission by donation.
· There will be a Concession Stand. Please bring your loonies and toonies to purchase yummy treats to enjoy while watching the play.
Monday, May 22 – Stat Victoria Day – No School
Thursday, May 11 – Soccer Practice is cancelled today. Sorry for the short notice.
Friday, May 12 – Soccer Tournament has been cancelled due to weather and flood watch. The alternate plan for grades 5-11: pizza provided for lunch and swimming during the school day. The above plans are for those who chose to participate in the previously scheduled Tournament. For those who chose to opt out (by not registering for soccer), classes will be held. Dismissal is usual time of 2:35, at the school.
Friday, May 12 – POW (Point of Worship) 6PM @ PCS. (please note time)
· Mime by the drama class
· Performance by the Senior Band
· Come out and enjoy a family evening
Wednesday, May 3 – Art Club is cancelled this week. Sorry for the short notice.
Wednesday, May 3 @ 3 to 4 pm Math Study Block at the Chetwynd library with Mr. McKibbin for grades 9 -11. This will be offered weekly on Wednesdays.
Friday, May 5 and 12 – No Swimming for K – 6
Friday, May 19 and 26 – Swimming for K – 6
We are extending the due date of this fundraiser to the end of May to hopefully allow more families to participate and get their bottle recycle money in to the school. Maybe the signs of spring – green grass and crocus’s – will motivate spring cleaning, and help us find the bottles that were stored away over winter…)
Thank you,Dori Shankel
Parent Committee President
Monday, May 1 – No Public School Busses. PCS shuttle bus will run as usual.
Monday, May 1-5 Spirit Week:
· Monday – Sports Day
· Tuesday – Formal Day
· Wednesday – 80’s Day
· Thursday – Spring Day
· Friday – School Pride Day
Sunday, May 7 – Mt Baldy Loopee
The mountain bike race course is a 3 km loop which is a mix of fun flowing single-track and fire road. The race should be achievable by intermediate mountain bike riders with a reasonable level of fitness. The course itself is achievable by all except for the complete novice or inexperienced mountain bike rider. Each lap of the course will take an average of 20-40 minutes.
· Registration starts @ 12 at the bottom of Mount Baldy just off of Hillside (watch for signs)
· Registration fee is $10
· Each rider must have a bike helmet while on the course
· A hydration pack is recommended but not required
Friday, May 12 – Soccer Tournament – (details to follow)
Friday, May 12 @ 6pm POW (Point of Worship) Please note earlier time.
Wednesday, May 17 – Drama Presentation by the PCS students. Reserve the night to be entertained. Admission by donation.
Monday, May 22 – Victoria Day – no school
Sunday, June 4 – Jr. Adventure Race (details to follow)
Sunday, June 18 – Sr. Adventure Race (details to follow)
PCS Parent Committee Note – April 24, 2017
Dear PCS Families & Supporters,
Recycle $ Due end of April
Just a reminder that your “bottle drive” money is due at the end of the month.
We have asked each family to donate the recycle money from 2 large bags of recycling per child (max of 4 bags per family). Please bring or send your donation to the school.
Thank you to all the families who have already participated!! J
Also….. A BIG thank you to Mr&Mrs Gerry who donated the RexTheatre/Movie for “Moana”
And thank you to all of you – who came out to enjoy the movie – we appreciate your support!!
Dori Shankel (PCS Parent Committee President – shankeldori)
Friday, April 21 – Swimming Times for K-6
· Kindergarten to Grade 2 @ 9:15 – 10:00
· Grades 3 & 4 @ 11:15 – 12:00
· Grades 5 & 6 @ 1:15 – 2:00
Friday, April 21 – POW (Point of Worship) @ 7:00 – Everyone welcome!
Sunday, April 23 @ 2PM – PCS Parent Committee MOVIE FUNDRAISER
· Movie: Disney “MOANA” @ The Rex Theatre – Ticket Price: $5
· Tickets are available at: PCS, The Pencil Box & Chetwynd Public Library
· Tomorrow, Friday, April 21 – Last day to purchase tickets from the above locations
· Tickets will be available for purchase on the day of the movie, down the street from the Rex
Student Association Fundraiser
· SA has decided to start a fundraiser to raise money that will be distributed among the Expanding for Tomorrow building project, our World Vision child sponsor and Student Association. We want to do even more spectacular things to make your children’s school experience more memorable. Please send your child with some loose change so they can participate in the SA fundraiser. Thank you in advance for your help!
PCS Parent Committee Note – April 7, 2017
Dear PCS Families & Staff,
PCS Parent Committee MOVIE FUNDRAISER:
Movie: Disney “Moana”
Date: Sunday, April 23 @ 2PM
Where: Rex Theatre
Ticket Price: $5
What we need you to do: Buy/Sell tickets!!!!!:)
Tickets available at:
· Peace Christian School
· The Pencil Box
· Chetwynd Public Library
Goal: Sell 300 tickets
All proceeds are going toward a climbing wall for our new gym!!
Thank you in advance for your help selling tickets,
Dori Shankel (PCS Parent Committee President)
email@example.com for questions
Friday, April 7 – K-6 Swimming starts. The lessons will be held on the following dates April 7, 21, 28, May 19 & 26.
Times are as follows:
· 9:15 – 10:00 Kindergarten & Grade 1 & 2
· 11:15 – 12:00 Grade 3 & 4
· 1:15 – 2:00 Grade 5 & 6
Tuesday, April 11 – 5 to 7 pm – Science Fair @ PCS. Parents are encouraged to come and view the students projects.
Upcoming Event – Wednesday, May 17 @ 7pm – Drama Play (please note correction – the last note read May 18 but the date is actually the 17th)