Thursday, October 17 – Hot Lunch and Milk forms due.
Thursday – Sunday, October 17-20 – Flag football tournament itinerary & maps are attached.
· If your child is riding with you to the tournament instead of the bus please let the school know asap.
· If you have questions please call: Team C – Damian Hoffmann 403 896 1547
Team B – Devon McAfee 403 588 0200
Classes as usual for those not attending the tournament.
Thursday & Friday, October 17 & 18 – Bussing – The school will be renting a bus to cover our shuttle bus routes (morning & afternoon). Our shuttle bus will be busy taking our Flag Football team to Kelowna for a tournament.
· Bus will not be available for pickup until 8:15 due to the driver doing another route first.
Friday, October 25 – NID – No school
Parents please contact the school if your child will not be in attendance to have them excused from their classes. You may also send an email to office
Itinerary and Maps.pdf
Kelowna travel note 2019-20 .docx
Friday, September 27 – The last Friday of every month is school spirit day. Please wear school colors tomorrow to show your school spirit.
Friday, September 27 – POW (Point of Worship)
· Please come enjoy a light supper @ 6:30pm
· POW starts at 7:00pm
· Come & support the PCS students in their drama presentation.
· Staff Band will be leading the praise time
· Media class will be presenting video clips of the Ghost Mountain Grunt & PCS highlights
· Parents and siblings are welcome
Monday, September 30 – Help Make a Better Future: Orange Shirt Day
· We invite your children to wear orange to school to help raise awareness of the residential school experience and ensure that every child matters.
October Important Dates
Tuesday, October 1 – Picture orders due or you can order online
Thursday, October 3 –Flag Football forms due.
Tuesday, October 8 – Picture Retakes
Wednesday, October 9 – Scholastic book orders due
Monday, Oct. 14 – Thanksgiving (no school)
Friday, Oct. 25 – NID (no school)
Please find the minutes attached. They will also be posted on the website under Parent Committee.
We wanted to send out a quick note about fundraising plans for this year so that it is on your mind (and calendars). We have changed things up a little bit….so don’t miss out!!
1) Bottle Drive: Now until the New Year bring your bottle recycle money in to the school. Last year we surpassed our goal of $750 — this year we want to double that. Students can watch for the creative way of tracking the donations. 🙂
2) We will be doing our annual group Fundscrip order (gift card fundraiser) in the near future – it will be in plenty of time for the gift cards to be used as Christmas gift options.
3) In February we will do the "Mom’s Pantry" Fundraiser again – the product is great and the company is reliable and efficient, and the profit margin is very good.
Let’s work together to make these three events successful beyond our hopes!
And just a fun reminder…..the last Friday of every month is "School Colors Day" (Wear green or PCS logo apparel)!
Ghost Mountain Grunt is on Sunday, September 15.
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 – Picture Day
Sunday, September 10, Ghost Mountain Grunt – 10 km Race, all ages welcome. Younger children must be accompanied by an adult.
· Registration @ 9am to 9:45am
· Meet near 45th Ave NW
· Shuttle bus leaves @ 9:45am
· $15 per person ($10 if more than one family member participating)
· New Course
· If you would like more information please email chaplain
· Students please make sure you have a parent/guardian with you to sign your waiver.
Friday, September 27, 7pm – POW (Point of Worship) The whole family is welcome to come and enjoy a performance by the drama class and the staff band. We would love to see you there to support our students.
Welcome to another school year!
Two items of note:
Hoodie and t-shirt order forms (with money) are due on September 20. An order form is attached for your reference.
Parent Committee AGM is Wednesday, September 18 @ 6:30. All parents are welcome to attend.
Have a great year!!
PCS Parent Committee
order form 2019with logos.docx
Tuesday, September 3, 2019 – First day of school – This a regular full day of school. (8:35am-2:35pm)
Tuesday and Wednesday, September 3 & 4 – No public buses run.
· Only the PCS shuttle bus runs from CSS (Chetwynd Secondary School) to PCS and back.
· The drop off time is 8:15am @ CSS and returns to CSS around 2:55pm.
· SD59 Buses will run as usual starting on Thursday, September 5.
Tuesday, September 10 – Picture Day
It is almost that time again to begin another school year. I hope your summer has been full of opportunities to relax, spend time with family and enjoy some sunshine!
Wednesday, August 28 – Registration 10am to 4pm. Please come anytime during those hours to register your child.
If you have confirmed your child is returning for the 2019-20 school year and have not yet paid fees, you will receive an invoice by email. If you do not receive an invoice you may request one by contacting the school on Monday, August 26 and an invoice will be sent. If you prefer to use cash you may pay on registration day.
Please contact the office if you have any questions. The office will be open again on August 26.
Looking forward to see each of you as we start a new school year.
Please note that our registration date is now moved to Wednesday, August 28, 2019 (still 10 am – 4 pm), due to a few of our teachers taking part in a professional development opportunity on Thursday, Aug 29.
Attached is an updated school supply list for Grades 6 – 12. Please ensure your student has the tools they need for successful learning.
PCS Gr 6-12 School Suppy List.pdf