Just a quick note to let you know that I am in the process of getting all of the Hotlunch/Milk Program refund cheques ready to send out. You should expect them in the mail early next week.
We will also have to cancel our scheduled Parent Committee Meeting for next week. An online meeting will be scheduled in May or June. Details will be sent out closer to time.
Stay healthy and happy 🙂
Picking Up Personal Belongings & Learning Materials
Thursday & Friday, April 2 & 3 – 9:30 to 2:30
· The school will have your children’s locker items and shoes set out front.
· Please bring a box or bag to put your child’s items in (please leave the crates).
· If these hours will not work for you, please call the school and make arrangements.
· We are practicing social distancing. Please keep your children in the vehicle and send only one person to retrieve items.
Please Note: The school will not be unlocked to get items. If your child needs something that was not in their locker please call the school and make prior arrangements so it will be ready for you.
It’s the last official day of spring break and so we wanted to give you a quick update on where we are at for next week.
A big thank you to the many of you who filled out our survey. If you have not yet had a chance, please do so here: https://forms.gle/BqppG2fr3B7H1rZ29. The information is helping us make plans as a school, as individual classes, and for you as a family.
On Monday, our teachers are going back to work full-time to adjust their plans and finalize how we will deliver educational opportunity to your students. We are committed to providing education for your children and meeting their needs, in spite of everything that is happening around us. We are working on catering to the unique needs of each family to make the best of this situation for everyone.
For students and families next week, we are planning to schedule a time to pick up your child(ren)’s belongings and some educational materials. You will receive direct communication from us on when. For our high school students, next week may also include an introduction on how to communicate with a class online using Zoom and/or Google Classroom. We plan to have more details figured out to start a focus on education for the week of Apr 6.
As information comes from the government, we are adjusting our plans as necessary. The Ministry of Education has given answers to some Frequently Asked Questions, which you may find helpful. You can find it here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/education/administration/kindergarten-to-grade-12/safe-caring-orderly/bc-ministry-of-education-questions-and-answers-continuity-of-learning-k-12-education_system.pdf.
If there are other things we can help you with, please let us know. Best methods are to send us an email or call (phones will be answered during school hours next week).
Courage to each one of you!
We hope you are as well as can be in this time of uncertainty. I personally am trying to focus on the things I can be grateful for and am appreciating the beautiful sunshine streaming in the windows today. This is a time of change and we want you to know we are here to support you and your family, and to continue to support your children in their education as we go forward after spring break.
We want to reach out and give you an update from PCS. We are planning for continued learning for our students. Our teachers have taken time this week to do some training and participate in a staff meeting. We are continuing to connect with each other and work together as a team.
In order to do our best to meet the needs of each student, there is some information that would be helpful. If you would please complete the following short survey as soon as possible (less than 3 minutes), we would appreciate it!
Many of you will likely hear from a teacher during the next week as we continue our planning and begin to get started on what continued learning looks like. We will continue to follow government direction as it comes and communicate with you as plans come together.
Our staff are here to support you so please reach out if you have concerns, worries, or things we may be able to help you address.
Thank you for your patience as we figure out the details on how to best assist each student in his or her learning.
Praying for you and your family!
Dear PCS Families,
It’s nice when Spring Break has weather that cooperates to make it feel more like spring. It has been a challenging week for all of us in this very new and quickly changing situation. We wanted to provide you with an idea of what we know about "school" at this point, and give you some insight about our plan moving forward. This plan is likely to continue to evolve as time goes on, but this is where we are at this point:
- Our educational partners have been actively engaged with the Ministry of Education this week to build strategies around how education will be offered for our students for the remainder of the school year. At this time, it will not occur at school until further notice. It is of utmost importance to remember that while the school facility has to be closed right now,the process of learning will continue. We have a good network of support in our local school staff, our BC Office of Education, the Federation of Independent Schools, the Ministry of Education, and in you, as our PCS families. There are many people working collaborately together to bring us through this situation.
- Our PCS teachers will be receiving training early next week for online platforms for delivery of instruction. We will meet as a staff after that training has occurred to explore the degree we feel it will work in/for our PCS community.
- We will continue to be responsible for providing meaningful learning opportunities for our students. We welcome your feedback on how that would work for you, and how well it is working for you and your child as time goes along.
- Our students will continue to explore and learn through various means.
- We will continue to provide assessment and feedback on student achievement.
At this point, we are planning on delivering some form of instruction to our students beginning April 6. We will have more specific plans after we meet as a teaching staff.
This is a new experience for us all. Your cooperation and feedback will be a valuable asset toward achieving the goal of ensuring our kids continue to learn, grow and feel secure.
Thank you for your calm engagement in this time of uncertainty. We really are all in this together – even if it involves some "Social Distancing".
Our prayer is that all of our PCS Families stay healthy over the coming weeks.
Dear families & students,
Thank you for your recent support of the Mom’s Pantry Fundraiser. With your help our commission came in at $1292.78!!
At assembly today, the top 3 sellers were announced as well as some honorable mention sellers. A big THANK YOU to ALL 22 of the student sellers in this fundraiser!
And of course, thank you very much to all those who bought product from our students!!
Tamara Collins @ $660.90 in sales
Tucker Strachan @ $422.20 in sales
Lindsey Collins @ $416.21 in sales
Sales over $300: Alayna Sorell
Sales over $200: Brittin Lahoda & Dylan Shankel
Sales over $100: Jonathan Karcher, Riley Reeves,
Emma Siller, Blake Widdicombe & Hannahlee Will
Mom’s Pantry orders will be ready for pick-up at the school from 1:45-2:45 on Friday, March 6.
If you can not come during that time, please arrange for someone to pick-up your order for you. (We can not store your items over the weekend.)
Thank you for participating in this fundraiser!!
Have a great week!!
Tomorrow!! Wednesday, February 26 Anti-Bullying Day – Wear pink to show your support! Kindness starts here!
Friday, February 28 – Hot Lunch & Milk forms due.
· IMPORTANT: Late forms will not be accepted.
· No exceptions as our volunteer has limited time.
Friday, February 28 – POW @ 7PM
· Everyone welcome to a light supper @ 6:30
· Drama Presentation
· Media class video clip
· Praise Band
· Please come to fellowship and encourage the students.
Friday, February 28 – POW @7PM – (Point of Worship)