Please find the minutes attached. They will also be posted on the website under Parent Committee.
We wanted to send out a quick note about fundraising plans for this year so that it is on your mind (and calendars). We have changed things up a little bit….so don’t miss out!!
1) Bottle Drive: Now until the New Year bring your bottle recycle money in to the school. Last year we surpassed our goal of $750 — this year we want to double that. Students can watch for the creative way of tracking the donations. 🙂
2) We will be doing our annual group Fundscrip order (gift card fundraiser) in the near future – it will be in plenty of time for the gift cards to be used as Christmas gift options.
3) In February we will do the "Mom’s Pantry" Fundraiser again – the product is great and the company is reliable and efficient, and the profit margin is very good.
Let’s work together to make these three events successful beyond our hopes!
And just a fun reminder…..the last Friday of every month is "School Colors Day" (Wear green or PCS logo apparel)!
Welcome to another school year!
Two items of note:
Hoodie and t-shirt order forms (with money) are due on September 20. An order form is attached for your reference.
Parent Committee AGM is Wednesday, September 18 @ 6:30. All parents are welcome to attend.
Have a great year!!
PCS Parent Committee
Thank you to Mrs. Price and all of the Amazing Sports Day Hot Lunch helpers!! That was a BIG meal and you did such a great job of feeding the masses of hungry students, parents, teachers and staff!
Thank you to all of the parents for a great year!! Your support with all of the school activities and fundraisers throughout the year was appreciated very much.
And last but not least – a heartfelt thanks to the teachers, staff, administration and school board members for making this year a success. You are the backbone of PCS and we appreciate all the time and dedication you give to this school and community.
Have a super summer!! And graduates – come back and visit us next year!
Note: the minutes of our May 22 meeting have been posted on the school website.
Happy June! See you at the upcoming school events!
Parents – just a reminder that our last general meeting of this school year will by Wednesday, May 22 at 6:30PM.
PCS – you are amazing!! Working together, you surpassed our bottle drive goal of $550!!The final total came in at $825.75!!!
Thank you so much for your support and enthusiasm!! Enjoy your clean basements and porches! 🙂
A few items of note as we get ready for the sprint to the finish line this year:
1. Bottle refund money can keep trickling in for another two weeks. We are SO CLOSE to our goal of $550 (as of this morning we have reached $377.30) Thank you to the families who have participated so far!!
2. The top three student sellers for the Mom’s Pantry Fundraiser will be announced at the next school assembly. Thank you for your support with this yummy fundraiser – the proceeds came to $1378.07!!
3. Our final general Parent Committee Meeting will be held at 6:30 on May 22. Mark your calendars – we’d love to have you attend.
We are off to a slow start….but I am confident that we will reach our goal of $550 by the end of March!! Take a few minutes this weekend, to sort out the dusty recycle bottles in the basement or under the back porch and get them to the depot. EVERY bottle counts! Watch for a picture of our "bottle thermometer" on Facebook – we’d love to add to the one lonely green can. Thanks for your help!!
A little known fact is that March is “MOVE out those BOTTLES month!!” (Really, why not?;)
So for this whole month (which is really ½ a month if you are a student) round up your recyclables that will fetch a dollar, and round up your extended family and neighbors recyclables (with their permission of course)…..and take those BOTTLES down to the Bottle Depot for a refund. Then, (please), bring that refund out to the school.
Our goal is $550! To make this a very exciting activity we have created a “pop can” thermometer beside Mrs. B’s door, in which every Kelly Green can represents $25. So, if we reach our goal, that will reflect floor to ceiling pop cans!!
Watch for updates on email as we inch towards our goal!!
And…after Spring Break we will announce our grand total, and……after Spring Break we will also update you on the Mom’s Pantry success and present the 3 highest earners with their prizes.
Happy Bottle Collecting & Happy Spring Break!!
P.S. Parents – the grade 4 & 5 class made super thank you cards for the Parent Committee for all the work that is accomplished in the year….hotlunch helpers, milk helpers, field trip helpers and fundraising helpers. To see these cards – stop by the inside window after you come in the elementary entrance. Thank you Grade 4 & 5 Students!!