A few items of note:
1) Bottle drive is winding down…..you can take your bottles in to the depot and have the money put into the PCS account right there!! This may make it easier for you. We are still aiming for $1500. Every bottle refund counts!
2) Our recent Fundscrip order was $6170 which means a profit of $274.40 for the Expanding for Tomorrow project (Gym and new classrooms loan). Thank you so much for your support!! To all parent, and extended families of PCS students: Please consider purchasing gift cards regularly with individual orders (see PCS Website for instructions or call the school for info). Every card bought gives a certain percentage back to the school – groceries…hardware…fuel etc. can be bought using the gift cards. Participation in this program will really help in paying back our loan for the gym and classrooms that we are thoroughly enjoying.
3) Our last meeting minutes are posted as well as attached below. Please read them over. There are a few items that require some volunteer help. Mrs. Astleford needs some help in January with her sewing class – please let Mrs. Price know if you or anyone you know can help with this ASAP. Mrs. D needs something fixed in her classroom…again please let Mrs. Price know if you can help out.
Thank you for your awesome support!!
Nov 27 2019.docx
November 2019 group order forms are posted on the website now. (Parents/Parent Committee/Fundscrip)
Thank you for your support!
Call Mrs. Lianna Hunter if you have any questions (250-788-1040 during the evening).
November 2019 group order form.pdf
1) Remember to bring in the money from your recycling between now and the end of 2019.
2) Fundscrip Group order forms & money due November 18.
3) Parent Committee meeting scheduled for Wednesday, November 27 at 6:30. All parents welcome to attend.
Parents of Grade 9-12 students,
Just a quick reminder for us to take advantage of the opportunity available today from 3-7 to attend the "Work BC Find Your Fit" Career Fair at the school. This is an impressive set up with a lot of career information and resources as well as a dozen personnel on site to answer any questions you or your child have about different career opportunities.
I strongly encourage you to take some time and check it out. Thank you PCS admin for making this opportunity available to our students and to the parents.
Please find the minutes attached. They will also be posted on the website under Parent Committee.
We wanted to send out a quick note about fundraising plans for this year so that it is on your mind (and calendars). We have changed things up a little bit….so don’t miss out!!
1) Bottle Drive: Now until the New Year bring your bottle recycle money in to the school. Last year we surpassed our goal of $750 — this year we want to double that. Students can watch for the creative way of tracking the donations. 🙂
2) We will be doing our annual group Fundscrip order (gift card fundraiser) in the near future – it will be in plenty of time for the gift cards to be used as Christmas gift options.
3) In February we will do the "Mom’s Pantry" Fundraiser again – the product is great and the company is reliable and efficient, and the profit margin is very good.
Let’s work together to make these three events successful beyond our hopes!
And just a fun reminder…..the last Friday of every month is "School Colors Day" (Wear green or PCS logo apparel)!
Welcome to another school year!
Two items of note:
Hoodie and t-shirt order forms (with money) are due on September 20. An order form is attached for your reference.
Parent Committee AGM is Wednesday, September 18 @ 6:30. All parents are welcome to attend.
Have a great year!!
PCS Parent Committee
order form 2019with logos.docx
Thank you to Mrs. Price and all of the Amazing Sports Day Hot Lunch helpers!! That was a BIG meal and you did such a great job of feeding the masses of hungry students, parents, teachers and staff!
Thank you to all of the parents for a great year!! Your support with all of the school activities and fundraisers throughout the year was appreciated very much.
And last but not least – a heartfelt thanks to the teachers, staff, administration and school board members for making this year a success. You are the backbone of PCS and we appreciate all the time and dedication you give to this school and community.
Have a super summer!! And graduates – come back and visit us next year!
Note: the minutes of our May 22 meeting have been posted on the school website.
Happy June! See you at the upcoming school events!
2019 05 22.docx
Parents – just a reminder that our last general meeting of this school year will by Wednesday, May 22 at 6:30PM.