A few items of note as we get ready for the sprint to the finish line this year:
1. Bottle refund money can keep trickling in for another two weeks. We are SO CLOSE to our goal of $550 (as of this morning we have reached $377.30) Thank you to the families who have participated so far!!
2. The top three student sellers for the Mom’s Pantry Fundraiser will be announced at the next school assembly. Thank you for your support with this yummy fundraiser – the proceeds came to $1378.07!!
3. Our final general Parent Committee Meeting will be held at 6:30 on May 22. Mark your calendars – we’d love to have you attend.
We are off to a slow start….but I am confident that we will reach our goal of $550 by the end of March!! Take a few minutes this weekend, to sort out the dusty recycle bottles in the basement or under the back porch and get them to the depot. EVERY bottle counts! Watch for a picture of our "bottle thermometer" on Facebook – we’d love to add to the one lonely green can. Thanks for your help!!
A little known fact is that March is “MOVE out those BOTTLES month!!” (Really, why not?;)
So for this whole month (which is really ½ a month if you are a student) round up your recyclables that will fetch a dollar, and round up your extended family and neighbors recyclables (with their permission of course)…..and take those BOTTLES down to the Bottle Depot for a refund. Then, (please), bring that refund out to the school.
Our goal is $550! To make this a very exciting activity we have created a “pop can” thermometer beside Mrs. B’s door, in which every Kelly Green can represents $25. So, if we reach our goal, that will reflect floor to ceiling pop cans!!
Watch for updates on email as we inch towards our goal!!
And…after Spring Break we will announce our grand total, and……after Spring Break we will also update you on the Mom’s Pantry success and present the 3 highest earners with their prizes.
Happy Bottle Collecting & Happy Spring Break!!
P.S. Parents – the grade 4 & 5 class made super thank you cards for the Parent Committee for all the work that is accomplished in the year….hotlunch helpers, milk helpers, field trip helpers and fundraising helpers. To see these cards – stop by the inside window after you come in the elementary entrance. Thank you Grade 4 & 5 Students!!
Families, students and staff:
The mom’s pantry order is scheduled to be delivered this Friday (March 1). We will have your orders ready for pick-up at 2:30. Please make arrangements to pick up your order at that time.
I would love to have a few volunteers to help me sort the order at 1PM. Thank you! 🙂
Thank you for your support on the recent Mom’s Pantry Fundraiser! Our profit should be close to $1500! I will let you know the delivery date and time as soon as I hear. Have a great day!
Please have all order forms and money in to the school by Thursday, February 14. Online orders need to be in as well (by noon on the 15th)
If you have not made any sales, try just ordering one item from the catalogue for your own pantry. I highly recommend the spices 🙂
Thank you for your support of this fundraiser!!
PCS Parent Committee
– order forms and catalogues went home yesterday (please tell your customers to make cheques payable to "PCS Parent Committee")
– order forms & money are due February 14
– you can order online with the information below
Order online at: momspantry.ca
Simply navigate to momspantry.ca, click “Shop Now” and start adding products to your cart. When you’re ready, click “Check Out” and enter the Order#283058 and Group Passcode#15496. (The seller is the student & the buyer is the person buying the items.) Once you finish the checkout process, your order is complete, and no further action is required. If you order online, DO NOT submit a blue order form.
Every order counts! Thank you for stocking your pantry shelves with this fundraiser:)
Happy New Year to all of the wonderful PCS Families and Staff!
1. Thank you to Lianna Hunter who coordinated the Fund Scrip group order in Nov/Dec. The gift card sales came to $9,365, which means a profit of $490.55 to the Expanding for Tomorrow Project. Thank you to all who participated in this event. Remember that you can buy gift cards online at any time – look on the school website under Parent Committee Fundraising to learn how.
2. If you missed ordering a t-shirt or hoodie in September you have another chance…we are putting an order in this month. The form is attached to this email if you wish to order. All order forms and money must be in by January 31.
3. Mom’s Pantry Fundraiser will be coming in February. Watch for details.
4. Save your bottles…we will be having a bottle drive challenge the first 2 weeks in March.
Have a great weekend,
PCS Parent Committee
order form 2018.docx
1) The next Parent Committee meeting will be in January or February – date will be set closer to time.2) Look forward to the "Mom’s Pantry" fundraiser coming the end of January!!
3) Thank you for all the support given for the Fall Fun Fair!! We raised $1804.91 for the school and $76 for Mission Trip 2019. I will report later on how the funds were used in the school.
4) Fundscrip: Remember to get your gift cards ordered by next Tuesday – this is an easy way to support the school while doing your regular shopping or holiday shopping. Thank you to Lianna for coordinating this campaign! If your child has not brought an order form home, one is now posted on the website under "Parent Committee – Fundraising – Fundscrip" for your convenience.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Have a great weekend!
Mark your calendars!!
The Famous PCS Fall Fun Fair has been set for Oct 28 (3-6PM):
Look for a note coming home in the next week or two (or a “verbal note” from your older grade student) from your child’s classroom providing the item that your child has been asked to bring to the Fun Fair for their food or game booth. As well, they will be assigned a certain time in which they are scheduled to help at one of their booths.
Tickets will be sold at the door for $0.25 a ticket.
Thank you for your support!