Dear PCS Families,
It’s nice when Spring Break has weather that cooperates to make it feel more like spring. It has been a challenging week for all of us in this very new and quickly changing situation. We wanted to provide you with an idea of what we know about "school" at this point, and give you some insight about our plan moving forward. This plan is likely to continue to evolve as time goes on, but this is where we are at this point:
- Our educational partners have been actively engaged with the Ministry of Education this week to build strategies around how education will be offered for our students for the remainder of the school year. At this time, it will not occur at school until further notice. It is of utmost importance to remember that while the school facility has to be closed right now,the process of learning will continue. We have a good network of support in our local school staff, our BC Office of Education, the Federation of Independent Schools, the Ministry of Education, and in you, as our PCS families. There are many people working collaborately together to bring us through this situation.
- Our PCS teachers will be receiving training early next week for online platforms for delivery of instruction. We will meet as a staff after that training has occurred to explore the degree we feel it will work in/for our PCS community.
- We will continue to be responsible for providing meaningful learning opportunities for our students. We welcome your feedback on how that would work for you, and how well it is working for you and your child as time goes along.
- Our students will continue to explore and learn through various means.
- We will continue to provide assessment and feedback on student achievement.
At this point, we are planning on delivering some form of instruction to our students beginning April 6. We will have more specific plans after we meet as a teaching staff.
This is a new experience for us all. Your cooperation and feedback will be a valuable asset toward achieving the goal of ensuring our kids continue to learn, grow and feel secure.
Thank you for your calm engagement in this time of uncertainty. We really are all in this together – even if it involves some "Social Distancing".
Our prayer is that all of our PCS Families stay healthy over the coming weeks.